Digital Property Law [was RE: [MUD-Dev] Selling training]

Jon Lambert tychomud at ix.netcom.com
Sun Mar 11 04:43:05 CET 2001

Joe Andrieu wrote:

> To be more specific, if, in real-life someone attacks you and takes
> your stuff, that's a violent crime, stiffly punished.  If it happens
> in a game, it's "just part of the game." No big deal.

And in the vein of the PD thread.  What if they didn't really take
your stuff but killed you, or caused you to die losing all your stuff?

Is this just vandalism or property damage or ....
Will we see wrongful death suits in cyberspace.  >:->

--
--* Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD        Email:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com *--
--* Mud Server Developer's Page <http://tychomud.home.netcom.com> *--