[MUD-Dev] A new MUD-standard

Frank Crowell frankc at maddog.com
Thu Mar 1 09:25:09 CET 2001

Jon Lambert wrote:

> Hey there already is a "standard" and a client to support it.  It's
> called Pueblo.  Yeah I know it's been abandoned and has commercial
> license that discourages someone from picking it up and fixing it
> and extending it.  It handles a subset of HTML, framing, forms,
> sounds, graphics and VRML.

A few years ago I was trying to push Pueblo and in fact the version of
Coldhell that I use has some interesting things built for Pueblo such
as a ascii-type map and a frame that opens the editor.  I also have
the source to Pueblo but after about three attempts at rebuilding it,
I gave up.

The client is only supports VRML 1.0, so it is fairly behind for that.
However, I believe that Fire(something) has adapted the Pueblo
definitions and is using it in their client and server.

frank