[MUD-Dev] When is the game a game?

Phillip Lenhardt philen at monkey.org
Tue Jun 26 21:49:53 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:40:14AM -0700, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 22:49:23 -0400, Travis Casey <efindel at earthlink.net>

>> Thus, it seems very arbitrary to me to consider it not to be a
>> game until someone actually codes it.

I don't find it to be arbitrary at all. Ever heard of emergent
properties of a system? The logic+computer is one system with
certain emergent properties, logic+human+paper+pencil has very
different emergent properties.

> Which leads to a corollary question: is a game that sucks still a
> game?  How much can it suck before it crosses the line? ;)

Pretend that I answered this, you responded, thirty others joined
the debate, people got upset and JCL 'as list owner:' killed the
thread. Would any of us be better off? ;)