[MUD-Dev] Player run reputation system

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Tue Jun 26 08:54:52 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Taylor" <taylor at taylor.org>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2001 10:42 PM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Player run reputation system

>> The basic problem with Advogato's system is that it is inherently
>> inflationary and yet the currency (status levels) are fixed and
>> finite.  Further, while it is resistant to clique elevation, it
>> isn't resistant to the wide spread wish and willingness to rate
>> the famous as famous and thus attempt to gain reflected glory.

> Actually, while I think that a player run reputation system is
> something that is useful and would help out in the gameplay of a
> massively multiplayer game, what I would really like, and what
> would be a lot easier to engineer is a personal reputation system.

I'm absolutely with you. It would really be useful to have a way to
tag other people with personal notes and rate them in order to be
able to recognize them after some months.  And it would even be
cooler if we could see other people's rating about the people we
come upon.

--
Valerio Santinelli
HateSeed.com Founder (http://www.hateseed.com)