[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Fri Jun 22 16:09:01 CEST 2001

On Wed, 20 Jun 2001 17:57:28 +0000 (GMT)
Matt Mihaly <the_logos at achaea.com> wrote:

> We let player send each other messages directly, or for a more
> elaborate system, there is Achaea's postal system. You can format
> your messages on a letter and include items with it, etc. Pay a
> few gold and it'll get delivered next time the player logs on.

Abuse vector:

  Send objects to a mule character that never collects/gets them.
  Result: objects effectively removed (untraceably?) from game.

Spiffier abuse vector:

  Send diseases/Bad Things to enemies.
  Result: Impersonal identifiable time-ranged attack.

There are other interesting possibilities surrounding the possible
designs of the interface for accepting/rejecting/discarding such
received messages.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows