[MUD-Dev] When the interface becomes the challenge.

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Wed Jun 20 22:01:07 CEST 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:12:12 +0800
Alex Kay <yak at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I will only play in first person for the immersion feeling
> alone. As such I expect a fully functional and 'easy' to use
> control method. Many years of Quake (Teamfortress), CounterStike
> and other FPS', along with EQ (which thankfully used the same
> mouse-look as those FPS') have in- grained a basic affinity.

As one of those that rewrote the key and mouse bindings for Quake to
work the way I like and prefer I really don't care what the game
vendors do as long as I can re-whack it to what I want.  If they
don't care to offer the ability to redefine the key bindings then I
don't care to play.

J C Lawrence                                       claw at kanga.nu
The pressure to survive and rhetoric may make strange bedfellows