[MUD-Dev] On socialization and convenience

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Fri Jun 15 10:25:06 CEST 2001

> From: Dave Rickey [mailto:daver at mythicentertainment.com]

> This is why there will be no UO-style Vendors in Camelot.  They
> greatly increase the efficiency of player to player commerce, but
> remove most, if not all, of the social interaction associated with
> it.  Since my primary purpose in setting up the economy was to use
> it as a socialization tool, Vendors became *too* convenient.

For me, thats seems a very odd stance. I don't have meaningful
interactions whilst sat in GFay trying to auction off my rapidly
depreciating items. Just like everyone else, I sit there spamming my
hotkey for hours if I want to shift anything, listening to a load of
bickering level 1-10s.

I hope you don't think thats social interaction?

Dan