[MUD-Dev] Aetolia

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Thu Jun 14 09:26:06 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Kennerly" <Dave at Nexon.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 11:55 PM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] Aetolia

> Matt Mihaly wrote:
>> Raph Koster wrote:

>>> Dark Ages was based originally on a Korean game. I'm sure Dave
>>> can speak more to this one, but he was discussing its divergence
>>> from the original just a few days ago here on this list.

>> Ah hah, that sounds like what I'm interested in. Say Dave, maybe
>> the whole list would be interested in hearing about how you
>> decided to take Dark Ages in a different direction, what drove
>> that decision, what kind of audience cross-over you've had, etc?

> Meanwhile, in the US, Nexus: The Kingdom of the Winds became
> commercial about 1998/07.  I localized Legend of Darkness in
> 1998/11-1998/12, renaming it to Dark Ages, since I had that domain
> name but didn't have something like "lod.com" It was my opinion
> that the market needed a dramatic difference from Nexus The
> Kingdom of the Winds to avoid cannabalizing it.

Are you ever going to localize Nexon's game for the European market?
That would obviously mean localizing it for every country like
France, Italy, Germany, etc..since people from those countries seems
to be restless at playing online games in a different language than
their own.

--
Valerio Santinelli
HateSeed.com Founder (http://www.hateseed.com)