[MUD-Dev] Buying benefits

shren shren at fnord.io.com
Wed Jun 13 15:28:16 CEST 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Vincent Archer wrote:

> According to Matt Mihaly:

>> The first thing that sprung to my mind is that they seem to have
>> a tenuous grasp on the ins and outs of processing credit card
>> orders. Everything I've read about them just screams that they're
>> going to be utterly screwed by credit card defrauders.

> Well, my first thought was that they would crash and burn on the
> first discovery of a dupe bug :)

I have a picture of a marketing guy with his back to the door of the
programming offices, bracing it shut, yelling things like, "Promise
them they can use real money!  With credit cards!  And get real
money back!  And there won't be any zones!"  And the programmers are
pounding to get out, yelling things like, "No!"  "Does he even know
that's not possible?"  "I haven't slept this week yet!"  "For the
love of god, no!" and making wails that sound like Wesley in The
Princess Bride.