[MUD-Dev] Summary of PvP attempts?

Koster Koster
Tue Jun 12 08:00:46 CEST 2001

The word audience there refers to portion of the total market. So if
you might capture 100 people, by having a free PvP game, at least 40
people won't even try it. The other 60 will try it out. They may not
stay, but they might if the game is good.

Changing your PvE game midstream to a free PvP model would
definitely lose you way more. 20% won't have tried it because it
wasn't PvP in the first place, so you would be down to 80
people. Then you lose many more out of your self-selected non-PvP
userbase.

-Raph