[MUD-Dev] Summary of PvP attempts?

Steve {Bloo} Daniels bloo at playnet.com
Sun Jun 10 14:27:32 CEST 2001

"Koster, Raph" wrote:

> [...]

Regarding the last point, it can also feel like a *great* fight.  In
all the fights I've had in years of air-combat sims, the ones I
remember most are when there was no winner.  It's rare when you
don't enforce an even start.

>   Shadowbane, Dark Ages of Camelot, MUME, Mortal Conquest: Team-based.
>   UO: Reputation.
>   Everquest, Asheron's Call: PK Switch.
>   Genocide: Free.
>   Many Dikus, proposed UO2 model: Zones.
>   Many PvE muds: Safe
>   etc

Though they are less on the role-playing, but high on the gaming
part, don't forget all of these "Team-based" PvP games with scales
ranging from ~200 to ~1000 simultaneous players/server:

PvP Air Sims: Air Warrior, WarBirds, Aces High
PvP Combined Arms: World War II Online </shameless plug>

-bloo