[MUD-Dev] Why are we all making RPGs?

rayzam rayzam at home.com
Thu Jun 7 22:46:11 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Freeman, Jeff" <jfreeman at verant.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 7:33 PM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] Why are we all making RPGs?

> But uhm... yeah.  Actually that trivia game you play in bars beats
> the pants off everything else (combined) as the first and largest
> massively multiplayer online game.

> Hmm.  http://www.ntn.com/:

>   "Through the Company's Digital Interactive Television (DITV)
>   technology, the NTN Network broadcasts entertainment and sports
>   programming engaging more than 1.7 million players and reaching
>   over 6 million unique consumers each month in more than 3,000
>   national hospitality locations like TGIFriday's, Damon's,
>   Bennigan's and others."

> Wow.  Six million subscribers.

Play it, love it, it's a blast, especially with a group of friends
sitting around a table in a bar with munchies and drinks, each with
their own console. [sound like a different sort of cybercafe, a
mainstream bar one :)].

Granted, signing up is free, so I've made multiple 'unique'
consumers in the same month.

    rayzam