[MUD-Dev] Neverwinter Nights

Valerio Santinelli tanis at mediacom.it
Thu Jun 7 08:38:19 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee Sheldon" <linearno at gte.net>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 3:34 PM
Subject: RE: [MUD-Dev] Neverwinter Nights

> In EQ I played almost always in 1st person, only dropping back
> occasionally to watch as I jogged across the Karanas.  In AC I
> played in an over-the-shoulder POV because the physics of the
> movement didn't feel right in 1st person.  I felt as if I was
> floating, while in EQ my feet "felt" like they were coming into
> contact with the ground.  After both of those though I haven't
> been able to get into UO as completely as I expected to.  I'd
> played 3rd person isometric in Baldur's Gate, so I thought it
> wouldn't be a problem.  But I found myself missing the lower
> angled POVs from the other two.

I wonder why nobody is talking about leaving the player the option
to put the camera wherever they want around or inside their
character (with certain restrictions obviously). After all we're
talking about 3D games, and there isn't any limitation to cameras in
3D spaces.

--
Valerio Santinelli
HateSeed.com Founder (http://www.hateseed.com)