[MUD-Dev] off-line pk

Phillip Lenhardt philen at monkey.org
Wed Jun 6 13:58:13 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 09:26:46PM -0700, Koster, Raph wrote:

> We've got a ways to go before we're as vilified as comics were
> when the Comics Code wqas imposed. It's a valid concern, but the
> situation is not that dire.

Technically, the Comics Code was self-imposed, though done out of
fear of government regulation. And the Code really hasn't mattered
since the rise of the comic-book store (newsstands are pretty much
the only market left that requires a Comics Code Seal of Approval).

I really don't see how the situation is the same at all. Considering
that the cost of distributing a game is negligable and doesn't even
require distributors or a retail outlet.