[MUD-Dev] Maintaining fiction.

Neil Brown neil_1_brown at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 06:12:19 CEST 2001

--- Corey Crawford <myrddin at seventh.net> wrote:

> Actually, the color of the sunburst has to do with the amount of
> health your enemy has left. So you can continually throw the same
> punch and you can see his health go down with each punch (green, to
> yellow, to orange, to red, then dead). Obviously, some attacks do
> more damage and thus create a red burst right away (leaving the
> enemy without much health) but it's not based on the amount on
> damage itself.

Really?  Heh...I didn't even notice that ( not that I gave it much of
a play mind you ).  I guess that means that you don't ever really see
how much damage your hits do?  I guess the single-hits would be
constant damage and the combo-finish attacks and throws are constant
but a bit higher damage then?  Or is there an indicator of your attack
damage that I missed as well ( which wouldn't surprise me in the least
at this point ;)

-o-
Neil