[MUD-Dev] Game Survey

J C Lawrence claw at 2wire.com
Mon Jul 30 18:53:23 CEST 2001

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 16:09:24 +0200 (MDT)
Hans-Henrik Staerfeldt <hhs at cbs.dtu.dk> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Richard Aihoshi aka Jonric wrote:

> There are lies, damned lies, and then there is statistics.
> (who am i quoting?)

I'll wager most will come back with Mark Twain instead of Disraeli.

Some other quotes I found while musing the area that aeem applicable
to the list:

  "When a story is well told, I park my analytic faculties at the
  door." -- Harlon L. Dalton, Storytelling on Its Own Terms, in
  Law's Stories 57, 57 (Peter Brooks & Paul Gewirtz eds., 1996).

  "The plural of anecdote is not data." -- Edith Greene, A Love-Hate
  Relationship, 18 Just. Sys. J. 99, 100 (1995)

Aside: The above were taken from a commentary on narrative in law.
Its quite a good read:

  http://www.law.indiana.edu/ilj/v73/no3/hyman.html

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.