[MUD-Dev] Players playing NPCs

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Fri Jul 27 09:47:30 CEST 2001

Vladimir Prelovac wrote:

> There was a thread recently about the possiblity of a player run
> dragons in a MUD. Of course subject can be widened to player run
> any NPCs on the MUD.

I know that Simutronics was talking about this for their games. You
would start of playing a low level goblin (or whatever their newbie
monster was) and that though you could advance the goblin with items
captured from the players, you could not advance your in-game
monster skills. Each time you died in combat you'd earn XP, and when
you earned enough you would advance to be able the next most
difficult monster. Eventually, you could play the high level
monsters.

They announced this their SimuCon convention two years ago as being
almost released, but I've not heard anything about it since.

-- Christopher Allen