[MUD-Dev] Design patterns for game database implementations

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Jul 26 00:22:43 CEST 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:08:20 -0700
J C Lawrence <J> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:41:19 -0700 Caliban Tiresias Darklock
> <caliban at darklock.com> wrote:

>> So what I'm wondering is, how have other people managed their
>> game databases, and what successes and failures have come to
>> light in those efforts?

> One of my many hacks on this was:

While I haven't checked on its status lately, TDBM with its ability
to tag records with symboloic tags in addition to the normal direct
index would seem worth looking at for your needs.

  ftp://ftp.cs.ubc.ca/pub/local/src/tdbm-1.2.tar.gz
  http://www.dss.bc.ca/dx/free_databases/tdbm.html
  ftp://ftp.cs.ubc.ca/pub/local/CITR/UBC/cmfs-nov97.tar.gz

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.