[MUD-Dev] Re: Real-world skills

Adam Martin ya_hoo_com at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 13:33:08 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Justin Rogers" <justin at mlstoday.com>

> Its not that localization is a problem, its that most languages or
> frameworks don't provide an easy mechanism to use and swap out
> resources based on locale.  And I don't know of any that will
> allow you to change the resources while the program is running,
> (except for .NET of course).

I may be misunderstanding your point here, but surely Java's
ClassLoader's make that simple? It's about 5 lines of code to
replace the system classloader with one that can be told to reload
classes from disk (the system one caches any loaded class - hence
there's no effect if you recompile/replace a class file once the
program is running).

And I would have thought that other languages provide simililarly
easy-to-use functionality?