[MUD-Dev] Re: Real-world skills

R.Fry raf at ix.netcom.com
Tue Jul 24 13:38:34 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Talk21 <dave.a.gordon at talk21.com>

> It seems to me that the creation of an edu-Mud would be a far from
> easy task... the flow of the game would be the biggest problem,
> but more importantly online xp is far different from RL xp... how
> would the process of creating harder questions be done in order to
> beat harder mobs?

Err... actually, I did somthing like this for a previous
employer. They made a fancy factory-automation system for testing
and repairing flat panels before assembly, and I made a MUSH-based
'world' that was the testing system, with information about how to
troubleshoot & replace various components as well as what they did
and how they were reflected in the main software. All plain-vanilla
MUSH 2 code with simple softcode. It wasn't difficult to create,
aside from gathering complete enough information to actually be
useful to customers or technicians. With a little Pueblo support, it
would have been easy to add appropriate images, though the project
never got that far. I did, however, have enough done to show that a
training MU* for some real-world problems is not that hard to do.

  Bob