[MUD-Dev] Gearing up against GEAR

Derek Licciardi kressilac at home.com
Sun Jul 22 23:15:11 CEST 2001

This makes me wonder if future versions of Windows will have ways to
determine if some other program is messing with the clock.  Sounds
like the job for an OS process or something that might be
detrimental to the health of the OS if mucked with might be in
order.  Other than an OS level patch, I can't really see how it
could be defeated at the API layer.  It would be akin to messing
with the HAL layer of Win2K or the other Windows OSes in which case
Micorsoft programming preaches that the user need not worry about
such things.

I am sure something like this will grow in usage if it gives a
measurable advantage and doesn't trash your OS installation.  I am
very interested in keeping tabs on this.  Is the twister network the
main place to do so?

Derek