[MUD-Dev] To good to be TRUE, in an MMPORPG?

David Loeser daklozar at home.com
Thu Jul 19 22:20:46 CEST 2001

> From: Justin Rogers
>> From: David Loeser

>> I found this site some months ago and have been watching it with
>> interest; www.glitchless.com the game is called Dawn. They are
>> aiming really high and I'm not sure how much of it is possible
>> with current or five years in the future technology.

> Dave you got snowed by a 16 year old (or was he 17) that managed
> to put together a decent website.  He posted all of his thoughts
> on the web, stole graphics from some up and coming online games
> (changing them slightly), and tried to get some investors.
> Everyone tore him apart, found out he was working out of his
> parents home, that he was quite young, and that he was full of
> crap.  I hear one group even went to do an *interview* with the
> boy.

> He originally had a development team which left because he was
> lying and making extraordinary claims about the project.  He has
> never demonstrated the engine for real.  I certainly wouldn't
> expect a release of this game.

Justin,

Hmmm... well, that explains why I thought that much of this was too
good to be true. Derek (Licciardi) and I went through most of the
sites FAQ one day and I remember saying things like "Yea this is
possible" and "this would be cool" BUT our consensus was... that it
wasn't going to happen anytime soon; based on current and near
future technology... oh and a little item - cash :^)

*Chuckle* When I first found the site, I placed a link to it on my
web site in the list of MMPORPGs that are in development... I'm not
really sure if I should take it down or leave it... Here's to
dreamers (And I say this in an un-sarcastic tone).

Dave "Dak Lozar" Loeser