[MUD-Dev] Toward a Craftier Dragon

rayzam rayzam at home.com
Sat Jul 14 00:10:43 CEST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "J C Lawrence" <claw at 2wire.com>
To: "Andrew Reisse" <andrew at reisse.net>; <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 10:28 PM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] Toward a Craftier Dragon
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:14:51 -0400
> Andrew Reisse <andrew at reisse.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 01:24:28PM -0400, Paul Schwanz -
>> Enterprise Service's wrote:

>> I find it hard to imagine a dragon that has to be careful just to
>> survive.

> Pocket dragons: A few inches long, kinda cute in a scaley
> cigarette lighter way, eats large insects and baby rodents.  Not a
> hugely popular model in literature, but also not particularly
> uncommon.  Smaug was just a pocket dragon with an eating disorder.

Dwarves do a body good? :)

As another example, the elvenblood series of books by
McCaffrey.. the dragons are in hiding because they fear the combined
might of the magic-using elves. One dragon can outpower one
opponent.. but if the opponents are aware of the dragon's existence,
they have numbers and strategy on their side to defeat the dragon.

There's another interesting game idea.. Let players be dragons, but
let the NPCs be magic-wielding, more numerous, elves. Sort of a
thieves' type game.

    rayzam