[MUD-Dev] Grief players with ip/dns spoofers

Tand'a-ur tandaur at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 11 23:02:50 CEST 2001

Hi, long time lurker here, and I've just about had it with a few
troublemakers that like to frequent my MUD.  Banning doesn't work
because they have ip spoofers and will just come back with another
made up ip. I was wondering if there is a way to detect a phony ip
and just flat out deny connections to them.

I searched the archives and found nothing on the subject. I also
checked out J C Lawrence's page on kanga and found nothing directly
on the subject (just found a program or two to spoof ip's).

If it is any help I run a SWR2 mud, which is a 4th generation DIKU,
and yes I know SWR's suck code wise, so don't really need a lecture
on that :).

Anyhow, I have been meaning to ask this for a while, and am not sure
if it is appropriate but asking anyway.

Michael Powers