[MUD-Dev] [TECH] Open Source oodb/object persistence toolkit library alpha release

Brian Price brianleeprice at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 3 22:54:07 CEST 2001

> From: J C Lawrence <claw at 2wire.com>

>   http://cpolib.sourceforge.net/
>   http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpolib/

It's up now, go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/cpolib/ and click
on download for the cpolib package under latest file releases.
It'll take you to a page where you can download the
cpolib_v0.1.0_vc.zip file which contains the library source and
documentation.  Unfortunately, as the name indicates, it is only set
up to compile with VC++ v6.0sp5 under Visual Studio.  Other
compilers and environments will require the creation of a makefile
at least.  (If anyone creates a makefile for cpolib under a
different compiler/environment, please send it to me!)

The current test app doesn't do much, just excerises the most basic
functionality of each layer.  Be sure and read Overview.txt before
diving in.  The basis for Saga is included in the release - the
class bdb_backend.  The alpha version of the sample application
project Saga should be ready for release along with v0.1.1 alpha of
cpolib by the middle of next week at the latest.

Being a new project, the site's a bit shakey right now but there is
a mailing list, forum, and a news item or two.  I'm planning on
getting the project cvs up later tonight or tommorrow.

Brian Price
-=have compiler will travel=-