[MUD-Dev] Ebay bans character selling

Willowreed at aol.com Willowreed at aol.com
Tue Jan 30 16:34:08 CET 2001

In a message dated 1/30/2001 5:06:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
frankc at maddog.com writes:

> So if I name a character, describe the character, and mold the
> character's abilities and skill

but...what happens when you create a character, that is built to play
in a specific game environment..is that character linked to that game?
or is that character entirely your intellectual property....

I guess what I am trying to say is....when someone writes a Cthulu
story, do they own the rights to their story, or does it all come
under the heading of HP Lovecraft's property rights?

If everything is copyright protected, doesn't that sort of leave us
all in the lurch?  Every game is based upon some ideas that are
common...does that in itself cause a problem?

wils