[MUD-Dev] Room Generation

Sun Jan 21 21:29:09 CET 2001

Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> Patrick Dughi wrote:

>> Determine the shortest path to each accessable node from each node.
>> Identify the ((# of nodes/20) + 1) nodes with the largest shortest
>> (via something like BFS) paths (not necessarily to eachother).

> What is BFS?

Duh, BFS= "breadth first search" I guess. I am not really sure if I
did understand your algorithm (or the problem) though...

(I keep seeing papers on graph layout algorithms even though I don't
look for them. There is probably a lot of good ideas out there for
those that care enough to struggle with scientific papers. The most
obvious idea is to attach all nodes with "rubber strings" and "shake"
the graph until you get something desirable. :-)

--
Ola  -  http://www.notam.uio.no/~olagr/