[MUD-Dev] Anyone know of plans for an I-Mode MUD/LARP?

Travis Casey efindel at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 21 14:00:01 CET 2001

On Saturday, January 20, 2001, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> J C Lawrence wrote:

>>   http://www.devicetop.com/dt/editorial?openArticle=3:156

> Well...

> (and what is LARP?)

Live-Action RolePlaying.  From the rec.games.frp.live-action FAQ:

A Description in Brief.

As in any roleplaying game each player takes on the role of a
fictional character, or sometimes a dramatized version of a real
historical or living person. You play your character much as you would
in any roleplaying setting but even more so. Instead of saying what
actions your character takes, you actually take those actions for
real. Game mechanics are in place for handling difficult situations,
but for the duration of the game you are the person you are
portraying. The border where physical portrayal stops and abstract
rules start is the main difference between various styles of LRP, and
can range from rules for anything beyond speaking to someone being
handled in an abstract way to as few rules as are possible whist
keeping fights safe.

[All errors in spelling and grammar have been preserved; I just
cut-and-pasted from the web page.  You can find the full FAQ at:

  http://www.ookami.com/LARP/faq.html

]

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_    Travis S. Casey  <efindel at earthlink.net>