[MUD-Dev] Exploration Exp (was: Experience System Differences)

Philip Philip
Thu Jan 18 15:08:38 CET 2001

>From: "Hulbert, Leland" <LHulbert at czn.com>

> There is also the issue of players having multipule characters and
> just "reexploring" areas, but I don't think there would be a way to
> prevent that.

Right off the top of my head I'm thinking you can make it so that a
substantial amount of XP is awarded to the first person who discovers
a room, then half that amount to the next person, and half of that the
the third, and on and on. This gives a large bonus for people how make
a profession of exploring places that noone has seen before and allows
someone to even base a mud career off of it if the world is large
enough.

Or, if you want to limit rewards even more, while keeping things easy
to store. Just have it award the XP to the first person who finds the
room, flag the room as explored, and not award XP to anyone else.

Just my 3 cents :)

-Philip Loguinov "Draymoor"
   -Lead Developer, "N^2" RP Dev Code