[MUD-Dev] IOWA project / Request for addition to FAQ

Bruce bruce at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 17 23:16:29 CET 2001

(Note for Editor: I didn't trim the quoting down so that Marion
wouldn't have to work as hard to find what I was referring to,
should she see this and add it to the FAQ.)

<EdNote: Good point.  My quoting bug usually only gets raised when
entire messages, encluding signatures are quoted.>

Mark Watson wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> > You've mentioned the IOWA project several times, yet
> > I've been unable to find substantial detail on what
> > it was in the archives or some quick websearches.  Any
> > hints to drop? :)
>
> Try here:
>
>   http://www.adoni.demon.co.uk/iowa/
>
> and here:
>
>   http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/cnfdntl.htm
>
> and here
>
>   http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/imucg4.htm
>
> specifically the Mirrorworlds review
>
> As far as I can see, IOWA was a hosting system running a number of
> MUDs of which Mirrorworlds was the most successful. Avalon also
> started on IOWA (using some common ideas? - Mosaic?).
>
> The above is based on surmise from reading the articles. The problem
> with searching seems to be the many different spellings of Cordrey (<-
> this one seems to be the correct one).

Thanks very much for this info.  It made for some interesting
reading. :)

Marian, could you add this to FAQ along side the existing mention of
the IOWA project?

 - Bruce