[MUD-Dev] An Idea... Mud Development Framework

Miroslav Silovic silovic at zesoi.fer.hr
Tue Jan 16 15:07:15 CET 2001

"Jeremy Lowery" <macr0 at mindspring.com> writes:

> Scripts could be written in any language that has an ActiveX Script
> Server Component Registered on the system.  Such as VBScript, Python,
> JScript, Perl, and LISP, completely depending on the programmers
> preference and the Interfaces that Language Components provide .

The obvious drawback of this approach (apart from being Windows-only,
you really want CORBA for portability), is that you can't export the
script interface back into the server. You also can't inherit scripted
objects from the server objects or from other scripts. So it's not a
seamless relationship, it's merely the ability to reuse the exposed
interface.

The system Bruce and I have in mind would allow to extend and override
/any/ driver interface (modulo security checks), including the proper
internals.

--
How to eff the ineffable?