[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD-Dev digest, Vol 1 #277 - 13 msgs

Jeff Freeman skeptack at antisocial.com
Mon Jan 15 09:39:07 CET 2001

From: "Dr. Cat" <cat at realtime.net>

> By the way, that Korean market sounds very promising.

Funny, the impression I got was that it wasn't very promising at all.
Whereas you (and most of the people on this list) are all about that
"online community" thing, the market in Korea sounds like it is almost
entirely composed of offline communities.  Dave Rickey said maybe he
was missing out on something in Lineage because he didn't speak
Korean, but I think it was because he didn't play Lineage from a
cybercafe in Korea.  Where the community was.

What strikes me as being a big draw for Furcadia is the anonymity of
it - but when you're playing in a public place, I think, the thing
would feel a whole lot less anonymous all of a sudden.  Pretending to
be a squirrel having sex with someone pretending to be a bunny just
isn't something I'd want to do with the potential for people to peek
over my shoulder and see what I'm up to.

Not that I do that sort of thing anyway, of course.  I'm just sayin'.

--
  http://home.swbell.net/skeptack/