[MUD-Dev] Proper MU* style list

Kyndig kyndig at clds.net
Mon Jan 1 23:20:21 CET 2001

Evening list,

Appologies in advance for the lengthy mail. I am currently working on
a small project which involves categorization of Online Text Games
into their perspective gaming styles. Below, I have done a simple tree
from my ftp directory and placed what I believe to be the proper
gaming styles associated with that particular source.

In way of 'styles' I am referring to: MUDs, MUCKs, MUSHes, MOOs, and
Talkers.  I do not know of any other Text-Gaming style category, so if
I missed one, please let me know. Is 'LP' a style of gaming?

The directories which have question marks are ones I am uncertain
of. Ones which I am certain, I have placed a gaming style name next to
them. Any assistance the list can provide me with completing and if
need be restructuring this tree is most appreciative.

  |-- MOO                         [ MOO ]
  |   `-- lambda                  [ MOO ]

  |-- aber                        [ ???? ]
  |   `-- iDirt                      |
  |-- cheezemud                      |
  |-- cold                           |
  |   `-- dbs                        |
  |       |-- ColdCore               |
  |       |-- ColdHell               |
  |       |-- ColdWeb                |
  |       `-- MinimalCore            |
  |-- cool                      { END ???? }

  |-- diku                        [ START MUDs ]
  |   |-- circle		        |
  |   |   |-- archipelago              |
  |   |   `-- lostlands
  |   |-- copper
  |   |-- crimson
  |   |-- earth
  |   |-- merc
  |   |   |-- ack
  |   |   |-- deadland
  |   |   |-- envy
  |   |   |   |-- amiga
  |   |   |   |-- eos
  |   |   |   |-- mac
  |   |   |   |-- mythran
  |   |   |   |-- ue
  |   |   |   |   |-- greed
  |   |   |   |   `-- magma
  |   |   |   `-- windows
  |   |   |-- godwars
  |   |   |   `-- poh
  |   |   |-- mac
  |   |   |-- rom
  |   |   |   |-- anatolia
  |   |   |   |-- editor
  |   |   |   |-- ember
  |   |   |   |-- oblivion
  |   |   |   |-- rot
  |   |   |   |-- sunder
  |   |   |   |-- tartarus
  |   |   |   |-- windows
  |   |   |   `-- wurm
  |   |   |-- smaug
  |   |   |   `-- Star_Wars
  |   |   |-- theisles
  |   |   |-- vego
  |   |   `-- windows
  |   |
  |   |-- pirate
  |   |-- sequent
  |   |-- silly
  |   |   `-- dale
  |   `-- techno                    { END MUD }
  |-- dmuck       [ MUCK ]

  |-- java        [ OTHER ]

  |-- lpc            ???
  |   |-- amylaar    ???
  |   |
  |   |-- code       ???
  |   |-- dgd        ???
  |   |-- lpc4       ???
  |   |-- lpmud      ???
  |   `-- mudos      ???
  |-- mush         [ MUSH ]
  |   |-- pennmush [ MUSH ]
  |   `-- tinymush [ MUSH ]
  |-- other          ???
  |   |-- crimson    ???
  |   |-- mordor     ???
  |   |-- mud++      ???
  |   `-- new        ???
  |-- perl
  |   `-- northlands    [ MUSH ]
  |-- scrymud   ???
  |-- teeny     ???
  |-- tiny      ???
  |-- tpmud     ???
  |-- uber      ???
  |-- umud      ???

Thankyou for any assistance the list can give me in completing this
tree.  If you notice a source server missing, please let me know.

--
Regards,
---