[MUD-Dev] realism and unrealism

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Wed Feb 28 21:18:22 CET 2001

On Mon 26 Feb, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:

> it is about 3 years i look for a realistic, RPG-style mud (one where
> if you die you have to recreate a character and where the world does
> not get "reset" every now and then for example...) but i am
> apparently unable to find it ;)

There are plenty of them, but you may be looking in the wrong
direction to find them.  Just about every mush/moo/etc with a strong
theme is what you want.  The only thing is that they are not combat
oriented muds :) In general those later games are geared towards
high-risk adventures and your character is expected to die frequently.
With permadeath that is a little harsh obviously :) For games that
stress consensual roleplaying however it is perfectly possible.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,
Arrows of the Queen, by Mercedes Lackey