[MUD-Dev] A new MUD-standard

Ben Chambers bjchambers at phoenixdsl.com
Wed Feb 28 13:37:49 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Littlejohn" <darius at bofh.net.au>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 3:22 AM
Subject: Re: [MUD-Dev] A new MUD-standard

>> messages, for example the server tells the client that it should
>> have four windows, a list, a scrolling box, a coordinate display
>> (for maps) and a stat box, then sends messages to these you would
>> have a very

> What about blind players?  What about people on palm pilots, or WAP
> phones?  No point in making a "new mud standard" unless you address
> usability issues such as this - otherwise, you're building yet
> another customised client for your mud, not a standard way for all
> muds and clients to chat.

True, but how necessary is it to support all of these?  I am saying
design it as a way for allowing more support for organized display.
Clients can be written for palms.  I don't know about WAP.  And, blind
players could still be able to the text box, so they could tell the
system to forget about the map and stuff.