[MUD-Dev] New Bartle article

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 12:57:33 CET 2001

On 26th February, 2001, msew wrote:

> One of the problems with this method is that classes that die more
> often are going to be really harmed.

>From my point of view, that's an indictment of classes, not of player
death.

> Also this rule REALLY REALLY influences / constrains the death
> mechanics of the game.  In everquest this would never work as you die
> SOOOOOOOO much.

Again, that's an argument againt dying too much rather than dying at
all. Also, it may well be the case people wouldn't die anywhere near
as often if they lost everything when they did die - they'd be far
more careful.

> And clerics would become ultra powerful, as dying and
> then having to spend 10 days to remake my exp would not be
> acceptable.

Why would this make clerics powerful?

I was talking "dead dead" - there be no resurrection!

		Richard