[MUD-Dev] New Bartle article

Richard A. Bartle richard at mud.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 11:42:06 CET 2001

On 24th February, 2001, Matt wrote:

> Remember though that risk doesn't have to just be simulated physical
> risk.  There's the risk of losing respect, etc, that is just as
> important in a leadership position.

Of course, although in a game that's "all about" combat it would make
sense to have physical risk be involved.

Political risk, while not necessarily having tangible effects on a
character, carries its own dangers. In particular, it's open to abuse
by organised PK types, who although they can't kill you physically can
certainly do so politically. Just something to be aware of (I'm sure
you are already!).

		Richard