[MUD-Dev] Fallen Age (was Shameless Plug)

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Sat Feb 24 20:14:09 CET 2001

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 SavantKnowsAll at cs.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/24/01 10:00:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> the_logos at www.achaea.com writes:
>
> >  That sounds a bit naive. You can influence them to play certain
> >  ways with soft methods, but you can never control them completely
> >  with soft methods.
>
> It probably is - I won't deny it.  We're a young company.  We've got
> mechanics to ensure that grief PKing will not be a favorable option,
> nor that being King (or Emperor) over a large portion of the server
> will be easy.  The good news is we're doing this with a very open
> mind knowing that we'll make mistakes, considering that we're doing
> things no MMOG has done yet -- We're willing to change and adjust
> the system.

If you have PK, then it is not possible to ensure that grief PKing
will not be a favourable option. What makes something a favourable
option to one person does not do so to another and vice versa. Some
grief players live to simply cause grief, and there's pretty much
nothing you can do about their motivations.

 --matt