[MUD-Dev] Interesting EQ rant (very long quote)

Willowreed at aol.com Willowreed at aol.com
Sat Feb 24 19:19:22 CET 2001

In a message dated 2/24/2001 1:57:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
johnbue at msn.com writes:

> I wonder if the players cannot be harnessed for this purpose.
> Having players document in-game what they have learned might be an
> interesting draw for them.

remember, am coming from a MOO background, not a MUD one..  Most of
the MOO's I have seen and played have MOOseums, where the various
verbs, objects, features, etc. are kept.  When a player makes up a new
one, they usually put it in there, to be had by all (children of the
Parent originals).

Its the fun part of playing the MOO...to see what others have done,
and also have the opportunity to use their Parent objects and program
new verbs to them.

I would imagine that a MUD could do the same to some degree.  The
Library idea, I think is a good one..and viable.  Sorta like members
helping members at those various online services.

But then do we get back into the volunteer/for pay argument?

wils