[MUD-Dev] Real Life Consequences

Adam Casbarian adamcas at concentric.net
Thu Feb 22 07:15:02 CET 2001

On Avatar we allow people to exploit bugs as long as they've reported
them.  If they exploit them without telling an IMM, it is a potential
Jail for any characters involved depending on the severity.

There are exceptions to this, however.  Some bugs are so severe that
we can't just say 'go nuts with it until we fix it'.  For that we have
a help file with current bugs which CANNOT be exploited.  By having it
written, the staff can point to it when someone denies knowledge of it
being wrong.

Either way, the player who honestly says 'am I really allowed to do
________? was that intended?' isn't punished.  In fact, if there is a
bug that staff simply cannot reproduce, we'll give a level to the
player who can.

We don't have 100,000 users, but even with what we have bug knowledge
gets around fast if it is to the player's advantage.

Adam