[MUD-Dev] A new MUD-standard

Kwon Ekstrom justice at softhome.net
Wed Feb 21 18:14:44 CET 2001

<EdNote: New text moved under quote>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Chambers" <bjchambers at phoenixdsl.com>

> functionality.  The web is limited by the design of the html and the
> other standards, which needless to say, weren't DESIGNED for MUDs.
> Using a language designed for MUDs makes much more sense.

IMHO the web standards are designed to simply relay and display data, the
trick IMHO is to relay your mud's data so that it conforms to the standards.

For bulliten boards etc... you might end up using code similar to a
discussion forum.  The colors available are near infinite, and if you don't
use graphics the actual load time for packages shouldn't be too much.  (I'm
sure a few graphics here and there can't hurt)

-- Kwon Ekstrom