[MUD-Dev] "An essay on d00dism and the MMORPG"

John Buehler johnbue at msn.com
Tue Feb 20 13:32:52 CET 2001

geoffrey at yorku.ca writes:

> John Buehler wrote:
>
> > Also, whose morality do we present?  Buddha's?  Christ's?
> > Mohammed's?  America's?  Mine?  Yours?
>
> If you pose a problem, and leave it unanswered, you aren't
> advocating a specific worldview, and don't need to address these
> issues.

You have to address it if you limit the possible responses to that
problem as well as if you limit the possible implications of the

1. Players are not obligated to be in the virtual world to endure
negative implications

2. Players are not fully immersed in the virtual world (ala "The
Matrix") to endure implications

JB