[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

Koster Koster
Fri Feb 16 07:54:43 CET 2001

Do Pakistan and Mill Valley have shared interests in common, and are you
acting as a conduit for that type of information?

Usually a community has shared goals of some sort, interests in
common, some background to define themselves against, and some sense
of identity. I think that MUD-Dev has that, and I think that each
commercial graphical game has that, and that commercial graphical
games as a whole have that, and that text muds as a whole have that,
and MUSHes as a subset have that, and so on down the line. And I do
see ways in which the community of MUSHes talks to the community of
MMORPGs, and shares interests, and defines themselves in opposition to
other things (single-player games for example). I won't disagree that
as a whole, the mud community is fairly diffuse, but there's enough
cross-pollination in specific areas to lend it a sense of greater
identity overall... again, IMHO. :)

-Raph