[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

the_logos at www.achaea.com the_logos at www.achaea.com
Mon Feb 12 05:39:20 CET 2001

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Ben Chambers wrote:

> When you log on, the server could also send you a list of symbols,
> that the client would save if you ever needed to reference that
> stuff.  I'm thinking that I will try and implement this first as an
> enhanced form of an open source codebase/client.  then write my own
> codebase and let other people write their own clients.  I see this
> as the next step in MUD evolution.  It is better than graphical,
> because it still requires imaginition.

How about just different from graphical? Pretty tough to use better
when 6-7x (very conservatively) play graphical muds as text muds. It
will not be long until most of the innovation is done graphically,
sadly for those such as me who prefer not to be involved with a 6
million dollar + project.

--matt
Text rules.