[MUD-Dev] Semi Graphical Muds

Ben Chambers bjchambers at phoenixdsl.com
Sun Feb 11 10:36:03 CET 2001

From: "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at verant.com>

Why not implement it as the next generation of MUD standards.  Make it
so ALL servers sent out that data, and ALL clients recieve that type
of data you could have many different flags.  you coul even advance it
to the point where clients send tagged to.  for instance arrow keys,
or text input.  that way they could move with only the arrow keys.

When you log on, the server could also send you a list of symbols,
that the client would save if you ever needed to reference that stuff.
I'm thinking that I will try and implement this first as an enhanced
form of an open source codebase/client.  then write my own codebase
and let other people write their own clients.  I see this as the next
step in MUD evolution.  It is better than graphical, because it still
requires imaginition.