[MUD-Dev] Is immersipresense going to make a come back?

Frank Crowell frankc at maddog.com
Mon Feb 5 09:37:22 CET 2001

[duplicate of a post I did to vworlds-biz]

Is immersipresense going to make a comeback?  Today's LA Times
article is "A virtual world is taking shape in research labs".  It
even mentions Lanier, so I had to check very carefully to make sure
it wasn't a 1990 article that accidentally showed up
today.

  http://www.latimes.com/business/20010205/t000010695.html)

Interesting quote, "we are born, we live, and we are going to die in
a 3D environment", according Max Nikias, director of USC's
Integrated Media Systems Center.

Of course one of the major changes since 1990 is that 3D graphic has
gotten a lot better.  So the focus with the current research is
towards more realistic, immersive 3D.

frank