[MUD-Dev] PvP Systems

Jon Lambert tychomud at ix.netcom.com
Thu Feb 1 14:13:30 CET 2001

John Buehler wrote:

> This may well be something that has been presented, considered and
> rejected in the past, but I'm still hunting for PvP systems that
> work.  'Working' means that players may engage in 'conflict actions'
> such that they are entertaining for all concerned.

I would bet that the majority of PvP "conflict actions" involve
communication.  PvP action at that level is something that a system
cannot detect, prevent or protect.  And that actions at the
communications level are the primary determinant in whether a game is
entertaining for all concerned.

--
--* Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD        Email:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com *--
--* Mud Server Developer's Page <http://tychomud.home.netcom.com> *--