[MUD-Dev] Sex and MUDs...

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Wed Dec 26 22:02:07 CET 2001

On Sun, 23 Dec 2001 the_sage2000 at juno.com wrote:

> A lot of MUDs forbid sexual activity on their MUDs, while some
> encourage it.  How are you going to have a real RPG without the
> option of having sex with someone?

If there is any sort of free-form communication in your MUD, you
will have sex. Can't stop it. Don't bother trying. Further, if your
target audience is 8-17 and you're actually worried about the effect
your world is having on the kids (as opposed to worrying about being
sued by repressed idiots who just need to get laid), I'd think you
might be a LITTLE more worried about the fact that the game they're
playing probably revolves around rampant, constant murder and
theft. A little sex is hardly significant by comparison.

--matt