[MUD-Dev] [STORY] Story and population size

Bobby Martin bobbymartin at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:30:45 CET 2001

> From: Bruce Mitchener <bruce at puremagic.com>
> Bobby Martin wrote:

>> ... (it's no fun to sit in front of your PC while your character
>> crafts an item) ...

> Why not?

I suppose I should clarify what I mean it taking significantly
longer to craft an item in Cosm.  I'm talking about 10 minutes (real
time) to several hours or more.  I assumed that it was self-evident
that it was no fun to sit in front of your PC waiting for minutes or
hours.

The reason we make it take so long is to make it actually be
possible to have a scarcity economy, and to make an item be worth
something and continue to be worth something (we also have item
decay, destruction, etc.).

Bobby
Cosm Development Team
www.cosmgame.com