[MUD-Dev] Continuous versus Discrete Functions

Koster Koster
Fri Dec 21 07:40:35 CET 2001

I am not sure you can without also removing all forms of
feedback. People simply like to compare themselves to
others. "Keeping up with the Joneses."  Yes, you can minimize it by
removing many of the common design techniques, having more ladders
to climb, trying to find ways to recognize every player for whatever
special niche they occupy--but they'll find ways to compare
themselves and form a pecking order.

-Raph